A vital part of the PUWER regulations (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) and a commitment to the health and safety of your staff is for all your operators to be trained in the safe use of your equipment.
What is PUWER? (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations)
PUWER is short for the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (1999 in Northern Ireland). The regulations deal with the work machinery and equipment operated every day in workplaces and intends to keep people safe wherever equipment and machinery is used at work.
Does Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations apply to you?
PUWER regulations apply to work activities throughout the whole of Great Britain and to installations offshore including gas supply platforms and oil rigs. PUWER applies to:
- Self-employed and the equipment they use or control
- Employed persons that supervise or manage the use of equipment operated by others
Mardon recycling always provide training with any new or used equipment we provide and we can do refresher training at any time.
Recycling Machinery Training Objectives we cover include:
- Advise on use and selection of correct PPE
- Explanation and demonstration of the equipment
- Identification of safety features and locations of emergency stops
- Pre-shift check routine: locking the machine off, visual inspection for damage and condition, start-up/ shut-down procedure
- Control panel operation
- Correct operation of the machine to ensure the most efficient use
- Basic fault diagnosis
- Call out procedure should it be required
- Advice on routine maintenance, inspection and housekeeping
- All trainees receive certificates of competence
The training is also important for teams who have been using compaction equipment for years. Sometimes things can get forgotten, or operator get into bad habits so refresher training can help to ensure people aren’t cutting corners or overlooking simple factors that could compromise safety, bale quality or machine durability.
For more information on our training please call the service team on 01769 572191 or email email@example.com