Mardon Recycling Machinery Ltd are committed to supporting our local community and for the last 2 years we have been sponsoring the CSEF (Children’s Safety Education Foundation). From the money they receive from us and other similar minded businesses in the community, they promote safety to children of school age, in the form of books, which are also in digital format meaning that all classes and children have the opportunity to use them. The books are bright and colourful to entice the children to read them and are donated to a school of our own choice. So far we have supported Chulmleigh Primary School and Ashleigh C Of E Primary School.
This year, Natalie (Finance Director) and Lin (Servicing Co-ordinator) went to visit the South Molton United C of E Junior School to meet with the Head Teacher Mr O’Donnell and some of the students. We presented the school with some lovely books about safety and life skills, which the children and teachers are very excited to start using and said “the books will tie in lovely with the ‘Life Skills’ topic they are currently working on.”
Whilst being safety books, which deal with some uncomfortable situations that any of us could be faced with, they have been made in such a fun way that teachers and the children will really enjoy using them. There are lots of fun quizzes, spot the hazards and discussion topics to encourage interactive learning in the classroom as well as individual enjoyment.
The books we presented to the school include:
- DeeDee (young children’s fire safety)
- Fire Awareness (for slightly older children)
- Anti-bullying (guidance on what is bullying, what effects it has, why it happens and how to deal with it)
- Play Safe (awareness of the dangers of water and transport systems, playing safely at home and outside)
- Respect – your life, your choice (for more senior children about choices they may need to make now and in the future
We really hope the children and teachers enjoy these books and look forward to hearing feedback from them.